This role is well suited for someone who enjoys thinking strategically and is passionate about bringing well tested, innovative technology to life. As Anansi grows, the Software Engineer will have the oportunity to shape how the role evolves, with possibiliy to specialize in frontend, backend, Machine Learning or taking on management tasks.
Currently, we have:
* API connection to our insurer, WAKAM;
* Integration to the Shopify App store;
* Stripe integration with for payment processing;
* Connection to the UK Companies House;
* Integration with a shipping aggregator to follow the parcels’ lifecycle.
We are in the process of refactoring some of our backend services, integrating additional 3rd party APIs for shipping and planning the integration of new insurance products. In the future, we will be applying AI to inform our automation.
- Designing a Tech strategy together with the CTO and the team, so that the services evolve in a “future-proof” way.
- Maintain and build Python microservices, Design, develop and deploy services around external/internal APIs and other information sources, and helping build a delivery plan.
- Plan for the restructuring of the front-end app. We are an app on the Shopify App Store at the moment, but we’re planning to expand to other platforms soon.
- Estimate work on a weekly basis and communicate with the team via Gitlab.
- Work with a production system, utilising Agile processes such as: code review and CI/CD practices, unit testing and end-to-end testing.
- 1+ years of professional Software Engineering Experience
- Experienced in Python (Flask/Django is a bonus)
- Exposure to a frontend technology
- Used to working with databases
- Good communication in English
- Comfortable working remotely
- Be part of our remote, dynamic and multi-skilled team;
- Opportunity to grow and participate in key decisions;
- Flexible work schedule. We focus more on task completion rather than hours spent working;
- Flexible time off. Just let us know when you would like some time, and we can plan for it.
- Competitive salary (€30k – €60k);
- Equity %;
- Company laptop.
Get in touch
Please send your CV to <dirección oculta> along with a paragraph explaining what attracts you most to this position. We will get back to you in the following 5 working days to arrange the next steps. If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to reach out.